Hey guys! I’m Karen an Image Consultant that’s been writing the Work Your Wardrobe With Karen segment with Spread. This will be my second of three posts evaluating what makes certain 9-5 outfits work – and what could make them work better!
Career type: Relaxed Creative
• Colour harmony within the outfit and with the person
• Great boots
• The bag harmonizes with the boots
What could work better:
• The shirtdress looks like it’s too short at the sides for the boots, and to be appropriate for 9-to-5.
• The outfit is chopped up mid-body with many different lengths – scarf, sweater, dress, boots. A solution would be to have the sweater the same length as either the scarf, dress, or boots. To add even more elegance, the skirt could be longer to meet the boots.
• The volume of scarf around her face is not in proportion to her face+hair. It creates bulkiness in the shoulder area, and the dark colour adds even more weight. To balance, have less scarf, and either use a lighter colour, or add a darker colour lower in the body – perhaps in gloves.
Thanks everyone! Stay tuned for the last outfit in a couple of weeks. Hope you enjoyed! 😊
Karen Brunger, BHEc, AICI CIP
President, International Image Institute Inc.
Past-President, Association of Image Consultants International