The Superbowl is a big deal. Advertisers spend $4.5 million for a 30 second time slot, people shell out a minimum $6,000 for a ticket, and Katy Perry is playing at half time. Total spending on new TVs, athletic gear, decorations, and game day food — the most common expense — is expected to reach $14.3 billion.
So for gentlemen, it’s a time to hang out with your buddies, eat some greasy chicken wings and yell at the TV (and one another) for 3 hours. But for ladies, well, it’s a time for you to pretend you know what’s going on and cheer when everyone else starts cheering.
“GO home team!”
Some Superbowl Tips:
– Educate yourself on who’s playing! The Seattle Seahawks (Home) are playing the New England Patriots (Away).
– Learn basic terms! Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Touchdown, Field Goal, Sack, Interception.
– Prepare to eat unhealthy for the day. Acceptable food: Wings, Nachos, Burgers ; Unacceptable food: Quinoa, Salad and Kale.
– Act like you just won the lottery if your significant others’ team won!
– Act like someone just died if your significant others’ team lost.
– Most importantly: Don’t change the channel. Set your PVR’s in advance ladies, because once the game starts, nothing else in the world matters.
And just remember, both quarterbacks are hunks.